UC Santa Barbara General CatalogUniversity of California, Santa Barbara

Cal Grants

Other Pages In Financial Aid

All undergraduate financial aid applicants who are California residents are required to apply for a new Cal Grant award from the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) if they are not already a Cal Grant recipient. To apply for a new Cal Grant award, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) must be submitted by March 2nd. Additionally, students must submit the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form to CSAC by March 2nd. The Cal Grant GPA Verification Form is available on CSAC’s Web site at www.csac.ca.gov. Most high schools and colleges automatically submit their students’ verified GPAs to the Commission. Students should confirm whether their schools will file their GPA for them. If not, they must obtain a GPA Verification Form, get it certified by a school official, and mail it themselves.